Download our FREE smartphone app today!
The Wider Curriculum
At Chobham we are committed to delivering our vision of the wider curriculum. What does this mean?
In essence ‘the wider curriculum’ encompasses everything our students experience at school or in association with the school. This includes:
- Their journeys to and from school
- Movement in corridors and more generally around the school
- Break and lunchtimes
- School trips
- Conversations with staff and other students
- Positions of responsibility such as prefects and curriculum advisors
- School sanctions
- Enrichment activities
We believe that all of these occasions are learning experiences for our students and should be treated as integral elements of the school day. As such, we want our students to be clearly conscious that these times are part of their education and staff to be equally aware of this. We believe that all of these times contribute to our students’ development into responsible and self-aware adults.
The Academy believes the wider curriculum helps our students to practise important skills and develop personal qualities which extend and enhance the experiences they gain in lessons. Foremost amongst these skills and personal qualities are:
- A sense of responsibility
- Respect for others and for the local community
- Good manners
- Calm and considerate behaviour
- Appropriate assertiveness
- The ability to reflect upon their own actions
- The ability to interact socially with others in a range of contexts
- An awareness of the effects of their behaviour upon others