Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Our Values and Vision
Our values are incorporated in the phrase ‘Proud of ourselves, proud of our school’ which can be seen prominently around the Academy.
Chobham seeks to help our students develop as individuals who are sustained by an intrinsic sense of pride and a recognition of their own worth as human beings. Many Chobham students come from challenging backgrounds and work hard to get to school and to succeed here. All of our students make a unique contribution and all have much to celebrate in their lives and talents. Our aim as a school is to help our students recognise, appreciate and fulfil their individual and collective gifts.
Amongst the values we promote most in our community are:
- Dignity - all Chobham students are encouraged to care about themselves; this includes how they feel about themselves and appreciating how others see them. We want all of our students to understand that they are uniquely important and believe that by appreciating this they will learn more and contribute more to their community
- Respect for others - students are encouraged to reflect upon the effects of what they say and do upon others. We ask students to consider how the conscious and unconscious behaviour of others impacts upon them and help them to moderate their own actions accordingly
- Sharing - we want all members of the Academy community to be generous, with words and in their actions. Whenever we discover a member of our school community or wider community to be in need, Chobham students are encouraged to step in and help out
- Encouraging - Chobham aspires to be a community where students and staff look out for each other and support one another. We want our language and actions to be consistently encouraging so that all members of the community feel secure and valued and are inspired to give their best
- Supporting and celebrating the achievement of others - we want our students to be modest yet feel pride in their achievements. We do not want them to feel awkward or embarrassed about being successful. To help accomplish this, all members of the Chobham community are encouraged to celebrate the successes of others both formally and informally. We aspire to a culture where generously acknowledging the wide ranging achievements of our students is the norm.
At Chobham, we want to create an environment where all students are happy, appropriately challenged and stimulated, and feel able to fulfil their potential. The things that make our vision distinctive are:
- All Chobham students will achieve a broad range of exceptional educational opportunities
- The different talents of our students are recognised, cultivated and celebrated
- Students are helped to understand moral issues and recognise the difference between right and wrong. Our students are encouraged and supported in speaking up for what they believe to be right
- Students are enabled to succeed in whichever areas they possess talent and have a desire to achieve
- All students are supported in making as much academic progress as they are capable of and in achieving as highly as they can
- All students are recognised as unique individuals and enabled to express themselves in an articulate way
- Our students will possess good levels of knowledge and have a broad cultural, scientific and historical awareness
- Our students will be active young citizens who take responsibility and are considerate towards others
- Chobham students should be creative thinkers, capable of taking risks in their learning and studying independently
- Students will be socially adept and confident when meeting new people
- Students will be environmentally aware and knowledgeable global citizens
- Our students will have a commitment to equality and inclusivity and embrace diversity